Apple to Zucchini is looking to expand their team with an enthusiastic and passionate human, who has a love for helping others.
ABOUT OUR PRACTICE & VALUES
Apple to Zucchini are a group of highly experienced sports dietitians, with a strong value and interest in growing the capacity & servicing quality of the profession. As part of the Apple to Zucchini team, you will benefit from our collective experience and the collaborative nature of the team, where passion is celebrated, and excellence is nurtured.
Each Apple to Zucchini practitioner has their own specialties, and there is a great deal of respect around what each individual brings to the table. We all work in areas OTHER than private practice (by design) and this serves to bring a fresh and diverse perspective to the two-way process of addressing client needs. We deliver clients the most useful evidence-based solutions, applicable to their unique circumstances.
We pride ourselves in developing the highest quality practitioners. We are encouraging and supportive of professional development opportunities. We deliver exceptional outcomes for clients. Lastly, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and a rewarding work environment for aspiring and experienced sports dietitians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Experienced sports dietitian: We appreciate the right candidate may be currently committed with professional sporting teams and/or contracts, thus this role is designed to give the experienced practitioner an opportunity to work with intrinsically motivated clients that are ACTIVELY SEEKING advice
- Flexibility: the capacity of this role is flexible for the right person, between 1-3 half or full days per week.
- Blue ribbon location: we are based at the pre-eminent sports science / sports medicine centre in Brisbane. The Queensland Sports Medicine Centre (QSMC) runs weekly PD opportunities, and the centre takes a truly interdisciplinary approach to client care. This is reflected in the strong referral base that Apple to Zucchini receives, both internally and externally; and evidenced in the current wait list held by each A2Z practitioner. All our admin is centrally managed by the amazing team at QSMC
- Remuneration: we offer significantly higher than industry standard consultant rates. Our ambition is to find highly-effective practitioners, creating a mutually rewarding long-term professional relationship
The successful applicant will have
- 6-10+ years experience of focussed work as a sports dietitian
- A commitment to evidence-based practice, and ongoing professional development
- An excellent ability to engage with fellow staff and colleagues, and contribute to team culture
- A strong existing base of highly functional interpersonal skills (i.e. an ability to read the room, talk to people, and lead passionately out of values)
- An ability to attract and retain clients
- An ability to identify the key issues at hand, prioritising the big rocks
- An ability to decipher complex scientific information into easily digested, food related guidance
- A commitment to embedding reflective practice into daily work habits
- A willingness to contribute your expertise to the other members of the Apple to Zucchini team
- A strong commitment to continue becoming the best professional version of you
- Accredited or Advanced Sports Dietitian
- Accredited Practicing Dietitian
- Level 1 ISAK accreditation
- Professional qualifications in training science & exercise metabolism, or equivalent
- Professional Indemnity insurance
- Laptop & Harpenden skinfold calipers