Ride Cookies are as a great snack for any athlete, but with little more protein than the average ‘energy’ bar they also work well for nutrition on a loooong run, or mixing up flavours/textures on long rides 🙂
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 75g rolled oats
- 75g brown sugar
- 115g dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp flaked almonds
- 165g natural yoghurt
- 45mL oil (extra virgin olive / macadamia etc)
- OPTIONAL: 100g block 70-90% cocoa chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C; grease/line 1 baking tray
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder & cinnamon. Stir in oats, sugar, apricots & nuts.
- Beat together the yoghurt & oil, then add to the flour mixture – stir until well combined.
- Use your hands to roll small balls (approx 16-20), place on the tray & flatten.
- If adding the chocolate add some chunks to the top of the cookies before baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool & eat!