Advanced Sports Dietitian | Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Advanced Sports Dietitian
- Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Level 1 Anthropometrist
Steph is a sports fanatic who has trained and competed in many different sporting categories including running, swimming, boxing, functional training, netball and surf life saving. Additionally, with four brothers she is often seen on the side-lines of rugby union games. Steph is a passionate dietitian who is devoted to working with her clients to reach their health and sporting goals. She strongly believes that quality nutrition and exercise is the key to living a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
Living on the Sunshine Coast, it was her love for the ocean and surf life saving that captured Steph’s thirst for competitive sport. She has over 15 years of training and race experience and to date, has represented Queensland three times and gained several individual and team medals at both state and national level.
Steph continues to train & compete, making her understanding of practical sports nutrition one of her great strengths. Seeing how her own performance is impacted by good (and sometimes bad!) nutrition choices has developed her desire to help other athletes make the best possible nutrition choices for them.
- Training & competition nutrition
- Weight management & muscle gain
- Water sports (swimming, rowing, outrigging)
- Dance performance nutrition
- Gut intolerances (low FODMAP diets) and allergies
- Endurance running, cycling & triathlon
- Diabetes – Type 2 prevention & management
- Cancer prevention & oncology dietetics
Professional Development + work highlights
- Sports Dietitians Conference, Melbourne 2015 + 2017
- Low FODMAP specialist workshop 2017
- Mental Health Professionals Network (Sunshine Coast Eating Disorder Network)
- QLD Swimming preferred nutrition provider
- QLD Swimming – Youth Clinics Nutrition presenter 2017
- Tennis Australia Coaches Nutrition Course presenter 2015-current
Two things I can’t live without are:
The ocean and a good coffee
9am on a Sunday morning, and I am:
Relaxing at my local beachfront cafe, after a surf
My favourite training session is:
A quality heart rate session in the pool or boxing class (ouch!) BUT nothing beats a board session in big swell!
Tea or coffee:
Coffee, all day everyday
My last meal would be:
Sunday BBQ with a big group of mates
One thing I wish everyone in the world could know about nutrition is:
Fad diets and food trends are not sustainable healthy living habits!
My nutrition philosophy:
Food is a huge part of everyone’s life and you should enjoy it. You need to fuel your body with nourishing foods to ultimately get the best out of yourself and feel comfortable in your own body. At the end of the day the better you eat, the better you perform and the better you feel.